Pineapple Car Insurance | Quote Online and take Benefits
Have you ever wondered how Pineapple Car Insurance could revolutionize the way we insure our vehicles in South Africa? This innovative app has not only brought convenience, but also a paradigm shift in the insurance industry. In this article, we'll tell you everything there is to know about Pineapple Car Insurance. What will you learn? You'll learn how it works, how it's taken out, how it's cancelled, what it covers. Plus, you'll find out what other people think of this company and how to contact them.
What is Pineapple Car Insurance?
Pineapple Car Insurance is not just another insurance provider in the market. It is a digital platform that has been designed to ease the process of insuring your vehicle. Working under the backing of Old Mutual, one of South Africa's largest insurers, this app provides a one-stop solution for your car insurance needs.
The main difference between Pineapple Insurance and other insurers is that compared to other types of cover is that you do not insure your car if not your journey. Another advantage of this is that you will get insurance managed by Old Mutual, one of the leading insurers in the market.
- This is the most extensive cover and, as the name suggests, covers almost all risks.
- It protects against accidental damage, loss due to theft, vandalism and damage or injury you may cause to another person or their property.
- It is ideal for new car owners or those who are buying a vehicle for the first time.
- Additional benefits include credit default coverage, which helps pay the difference between your insurance and the outstanding balance with your finance company.
- While this is the most expensive option, it offers the most comprehensive coverage.
- It does not cover normal wear and tear, damage caused by driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, illegal, negligent or reckless driving, among other exclusions.
- Despite its cost, it is highly recommended in South Africa, where a large percentage of vehicles are uninsured.
- This is the most basic cover offered in South Africa.
- It protects the policyholder if he/she is responsible for accidents resulting in property damage, injury or death of a third party.
- It does not cover damage to the insured vehicle or the policyholder.
- It is an economical option and, although basic, offers protection against financial loss due to liability claims.
Third-Party Fire and Theft Coverage:
- This coverage includes accident protection where the policyholder is responsible for damage or injury to a third party.
- In addition, it protects against loss due to theft, carjacking and fire.
- It is a good option for older cars that tend to have electrical problems or overheating.
- It does not cover damage to the policyholder's vehicle due to an accident.
- This option is less expensive than full coverage and is ideal for older cars that are already paid for and do not have a high market value.
Why do I have to download Pineapple Application to buy my Car Insurance?
It is important that you download your Pineapple Car Insurance App because if you need to take out or change coverage you will be able to do so through it. Another advantage is that in addition to changing or contracting, you can make claims, cancel your insurance or report an accident if you are involved in one.
What does My Ride Cover mean when we Talk about Pineapple Car Insurance?
This means that in a way, with Pineapple you cover more than your car, you insure your ride. Also, when you ride your car less, you can get discounts on your premium. So, for instance, let’s say that one month you choose to carpool with a pal to work, and you do not use your car. Then, you will get a discount on your premium! This is a great benefit that will allow you to save money while you have your car protected.
Find the best insurance of South Africa
King Price - Car Insurance
- Choose the excess that best suits your budget. - Save up to 20% when you cover 2+ cars with us. - Emergency assistance 24/7, for when you need to be rescued. - Shortfall cover: for complete peace of mind when your car is financed.
- Choose the excess that best suits your budget. - Save up to 20% when you cover 2+ cars with us.Quote now
Where to get Pineapple car insurance quotes?
Getting a quote is easy. Once you download the app, just enter your details and, within minutes, Pineapple will provide you with a detailed quote. But if you want to compare with the options offered by other insurers, we recommend you use a tool like Quotes Advisor where you will get the best quotes on the market in minutes, including those from Pineapple.
How to quote Pineapple car insurance?
If what you want is to quote on Pineapple, once inside the application, simply follow the steps indicated, take a picture of your vehicle and wait for the system to generate a proposal based on your profile and needs. The accuracy and speed of the system will surprise you.
If necessary, it may ask for some information about you and your car to make a more accurate quote. For example, you will have to enter your first and last name, your ID and provide Pineapple with the characteristics of your car if you did not do so when you registered.
How to claim at Pineapple Car Insurance?
Making a claim is very simple, basically you log into the application, report the incident and wait for the insurer to contact you.
With just a few clicks within the application, you can report an incident and Pineapple will take care of the rest, guaranteeing a quick and efficient response.
Pineapple Insurance benefits
The benefits of using Pineapple Car Insurance go beyond digital convenience. Its transparent policies, rewards and annual cashbacks set Pineapple apart from other insurers. The company strongly believes in giving value to its customers and this is reflected in its services.
Pineapple Car Insurance Reviews
Reviews of Pineapple are mostly positive, backed by Old Mutual's reputation. Although, like all companies, they may have some negative reviews, overall customer satisfaction is high.
What we can see as a fact is that this App offers insurance underwritten by Old Mutual. This is an insurance company with a proven reputation in South Africa. There may be people whose experience has not been so good, but overall it is an insurer with a great reputation.
We always recommend that our readers ask their acquaintances if they know the insurance company they are considering. Another way is to turn to sites such as Hello Peter that offer information and user reviews, and rate the company based on these.
- Average rating of 4.43 from 5033 reviews
- Trustindex rating: 9.4/10
- Ranking: 20 in insurance
Pineapple contact details
For those who want a more direct contact, Pineapple offers several channels:
Pineapple Insurance address: 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandown, Sandton, JHB
Pineapple Insurance email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pineapple Car Insurance has proven to be more than just an app. It is a complete solution for all your South African car insurance needs. With its ease of use, Old Mutual backing and a wide range of services, it is an option that every South African driver should consider.
The aim of this article is to show you this option and tell you how you can benefit from it. We hope this information helps you with your search for convenient and easy-to-buy car insurance in South Africa.
Who owns Pineapple insurance?
Founded by Matthew Elan Smith, Ndabenhle Junior Ngulube and Marnus van Heerden.
How do I claim at Pineapple Insurance?
Through the web page or the application with a few clicks.
Where is Pineapple Insurance from?
It is a South African company.
How long has Pineapple Insurance been around?
Since July 2017.
Who underwrites Pineapple Insurance?
Backed by Old Mutual Insure Limited.
Why is Pineapple insurance so cheap?
Because of its unique model, which reduces costs and fraud to insurers so it manages to reduce costs as much as possible and pass this on to users.
Author: Cristian Rennella
Questions and answers
How do they know if I ride less?
When you buy Pineapple car insurance you can choose to activate this booster. You will have to contact Pineapple and have them install their tracking device on your car. With this tracker, the Pineapple App will be able to establish is you are using your car less or not. If you are, you will get a discount.
How do I pay for the car insurance?
Pineapple will give you different options for you to pay your car insurance. You can use a credit card or you might want to choose to ask Pineapple to debit from your bank account. All that can easily be arranged through the app when you buy your car insurance. Also, if at some point you want to change your payment method, you will be able to do so.
Are there exclusions to the coverage offered by Pineapple?
All car insurance has exclusions. These have to do with the different events that might lead to an incident. For instance, if the damage caused to the car was provoked by a third party, the car insurance company will have no responsibility. A similar case happens with damages caused to the car by use.